Serato has announced version 1.3 of its Serato DJ mixing software for Windows and Mac.
Serato DJ is our best feature set for all-in-one controllers. It delivers performance to meet the demands of DJs at the top of their game and sets a new standard for controller DJs.
Changes in Serato DJ v1.3
- Serato DJ FX Expansion Packs containing new FX powered by iZotope: The Wolf Pack, available as a free download, and the Back Pack, available to purchase for USD19.
The Wolf Pack contains Epic Verb, Bit Crush, Tremolo, Repeater, Braker and Brake Echo, and the Back Pack contains Tape Echo, Looper, Time Stretch, Spiral Echo and Envelope Filter. Both packs contain a large number of Multi FX presets.
- Favorite FX allows you to customize the effects select drop down menus that appear in Serato DJ, showing the FX you choose as your favorites.
- Slip Mode for all supported Serato DJ controllers. When Slip Mode is activated you can manipulate the audio as normal (e.g scratching, Looping, triggering Cue Points etc), however once you have finished, the playback position is returned to where it would be if you had not manipulated the audio. Slip Mode can also be MIDI mapped to a secondary MIDI controller if your hardware doesn’t have a dedicated Slip Mode button.
- Novation TWITCH, Vestax VCI-300 & VFX-1 Support.
- Numark NS7 MKII Support.
- Fixed Tap tempo lighting on Pioneer DDJ-SX.
- Fixed the crossfader curve options being swapped in the Setup screen.
- Changed vinyl button lighting on Vestax VCI-400 to make it more clear that you are in slip mode.
- Numark MixDeck and MixDeck Express now show correct BPM when a deck is in Sync.
- Fixed Play from First Cue Point Setup screen option stability.
- Fixed platter scratching on NS7 with motor off and track paused.
- Fixed needle-search on VCI-380.
- Fixed a bug where Play from First Cue Point option was broken if track configured with first cue point.
- Fixed Beatgrid Slip not working with motor off on NS7
- Start/Stop time on NS7 is now remembered in software with motor off.
- Fixed Slip/Shift mode platter interaction.
- Fixed a bug where Shift + Beatgrid Adjust sometimes moved playhead when it shouldn’t.
- Fixed deck showing incorrect pitch sometimes after switching layers
- MIDI mapping of the Autoloop range shift buttons (< and >) unfortunately has been broken and users will need to remap them.
The Serato DJ v1.3 update is now available to download.