Serato has launched version 1.8 of Serato DJ, the DJ mixing software for Windows and Mac.
Serato DJ 1.8 is the latest major software update for Serato DJs. This update adds key detection and display, an update to Pitch ‘n Time DJ allowing key shifting and key sync, plug and play support for the Pioneer DJM-S9 and user hardware remapping, as well as a number of important performance and stability updates.
Changes in Serato DJ v1.8
- Key Detection — Now when you analyze your tracks, Serato DJ will detect the key. Use the colored key display for quick and easy key recognition. Choose to display the key in Camelot, Open Key, Classical Key or Original Tag.
- Pitch ‘n Time DJ Update — This free update for P’nT DJ owners lets you key shift your tracks +/- 12 semitones or instantly sync the key of one deck to another.
- Hardware Support — Plug and play support for the Pioneer DJM-S9. The new 2-channel battle mixer specifically designed for use with Serato DJ.
- Hardware Remapping — You can now remap your supported controller or mixer to change what Serato DJ functionality it controls.
- Windows 10 Support — Serato DJ 1.8 now brings official support for Windows 10. Please Note: Serato DJ 1.8 does not currently support Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11).
Serato DJ for Windows and Mac is available for purchase for $99 USD.