Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Short links for April 8th, 2008
Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on April 8th, 2008:
- GrooveStep Digital Music Studio – GrooveStep Digital Music Studio is a revolutionary ultra portable music making application for the Nintendo DS. GrooveStep features an easy to use step sequencer for pattern based music making. You can make beats, melodies and full songs with GrooveStep.
The Pattern Editor interface. More info on GrooveStep @ CDM
- Complex VCO – With this module I wanted to break away from the "standard" synth oscillator, which tends to produce the albeit classic, but also clichéed analog synth sound.
- The 2 mile Quadruplex – Video bending and noise films. The 2 mile Quadruplex is a new film organisation that is pro-magnetism and anti-narrative.
- How to Set Up in a Club – Ean Golden writes:
For the past 5 years I have setup my laptop, sound card and midi gear in hundreds upon hundreds of clubs around the world. From a traditional Tico dance hall in Costa Rica to techno clubs in Berlin, there was always a way to make it work. Here are a few helpful things I have learned upon the way.
- genoQs Machines – Nemo – realtime everything MIDI – Nemo is a high-end MIDI step sequencer, adding portability to the highly acclaimed functionality and user friendliness of Octopus. It is in many ways an Octopus in disguise, and one that feels equally well in a backpack or on your lap!
- Music Thing: 25 great music-making tips from musicians – "What's the best piece of advice about making music that you've ever heard?" Within the 1,100+ responses are hundreds of great tips – some old, some new, some obvious, some arcane.
- SynthDIY – a "collective Link BLOG" full of music synthesizer schematics, links and project ideas.
- Barcode Beats (Concept) – Barcode Beats is a system that converts barcodes into music through an interpretation of the numbers on the barcodes.
- My hard drive is experiencing some strange noises – Gregory Chatonsky hooked up some sensors to his broken hard drive and recorded the sounds it makes.
- Beautiful Handwriting, Lettering and Calligraphy – Excellent examples of beautiful handwriting, creative lettering and professional calligraphy. It’s really amazing to see what one can create out of simple letters drawn with a pencil on a small piece of paper.
- STECKBOX – A simple, universal patchmatrix with 64 crosspoints. Eight inputs and outputs are connected through attentuators, light sensors, buttons or simple shorting jacks… either directly, variable, controllable or not at all.