Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on August 22nd, 2007:
- USB Powered Mini Greenhouse – Features an adjustable growth light and an easy view window that offers maximum plant protection.
- Amazon forest carved up in resettlement scam – Rather than moving communities onto land that has already been deforested Incra has been allocating tracts of land that are still part of the rainforest.
- reddit media: intelligent fun online – Monitors reddit?s front page, collects picture & video links, and builds an archive of them over time.
- Monster attack steals user data – US job website Monster.com has suffered an online attack with the personal data of hundreds of thousands of users stolen, says a security firm.
- Robots Can Be Friendly, Groovin?: Max-Powered Keepon and Beatbots – The Keepon is a cute, yellow robot that dances to music you may have seen bopping on YouTube. It shows how subtle changes could make robotics friendlier in the near future.
- Deezer – The first global website for music on demand with no restrictions: listening to all kinds of music is now free, unlimited, legal and accessible to all Internet users via a Web browser.
- Google Earth Shows Real-Time Traffic – This has been achieved by adding a Traffic layer in Google Earth. Once you?ve enabled this feature, you?ll see a real-time picture of traffic and conditions.
- SimpleTEXT: a cellphone enabled performance – SimpleTEXT is a collaborative audio/visual public performance that relies on audience participation through input from mobile devices such as phones, PDAs or laptops.
- Lee Broom – The application of neon elements to the outlines of the six hand-carved Mahogany pieces “haloes the delicate lines of the traditional furniture whilst casting deep reflections in their richly lacquered surfaces.”