Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on August 8th, 2007.
- Eight-million-year-old bug is alive and growing – An 8-million-year-old bacterium that was extracted from the oldest known ice on Earth is now growing in a laboratory, claim researchers. If confirmed, this means ancient bacteria and viruses will come back to life as ice melts due to global warming.
- Apple’s new metallic keyboards: in wired and Bluetooth flavors – The rumored pictures seemed plausible enough, and now Apple has confirmed the hopes / fears of typists the world over: there’s a new desktop keyboard (er, two actually) in town.
- Earbud cord wrapper in 5 minutes or less! – Love your shiny new iphone, but sick of tangling up that darn cord on your earbuds? Grab an old credit card and a pair of scissors. Boom! You are about to solve one of life’s least important problems.
- iphonenes – A native NES emulator for the iPhone, currently using the InfoNES core.
- 80 Beautiful Typefaces For Professional Design – Every now and again designers stumble upon the very same problem: the choice of a unique and beautiful typeface which manages to fulfil three basic tasks.
- SpiralFrog – SpiralFrog is a new online music destination, offering ad-supported legal downloads of audio content licensed from the catalogs of the world?s major and independent record labels.
- New York Times is setting its TimesSelect content free – The New York Times is poised to stop charging readers for online access to its Op-Ed columnists and other content, The Post has learned.