Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on August 9th, 2007:
- I’m Elton Johning Today – We’re pleased at CDM to introduce a new verb: to Elton John will hereby mean to unplug from the Web in order to do creative work.
- Largest-known planet befuddles scientists – The largest planet ever discovered is also one of the strangest and theoretically should not even exist, scientists say.
- Autodesk AliasStudio Personal Learning Edition – Autodesk® AliasStudio&trade Personal Learning Edition is a special version providing free access for non-commercial use. Autodesk AliasStudio Personal Learning Edition offers almost every feature included in the full commercial version of Autodesk® Studio
- Woodstock for sale – Mr. Yasgur, now a cultural icon, allowed 40 acres of his 1,100 acre farm in upstate New York, to be used for Woodstock, thus making the musical and cultural event of the century possible.
- Google News to add user comments – We wanted to give you a heads-up on a new, experimental feature we’ll be trying out on the Google News home page. Starting this week, we’ll be displaying reader comments on stories in Google News, but with a bit of a twist…
- Cornell University becomes newest partner in Library Project – “In its quest to be the world’s land-grant university, Cornell strives to serve the scholarly and research needs of those beyond the campus,” said Cornell President David J. Skorton.
- HTTP errors – Inspired by Goopymart’s “Teh Internets”, here’s an illustrated set of common http error codes for use on your blog or site or what have you.
- Memorial Sculptures – One-of-a-kind, hansculpted, newborn art dolls, created by artist J. Stocks-Dearborn.
- Boycott Regal Cinemas – Free Culture @ NYU is joining the call for a chain wide boycott of Regal Cinemas over their draconian punishment of a 19 year-old girl caught taping 20 seconds of the Transformers film.