Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Short links for June 3rd, 2008
Some interesting things I found on June 3rd, 2008:
- One square and saw waveform VCO (voltage controlled oscillator) with a huge pitch range, from subsonic to ultrasonic sound controlled by a big photocell (pitch control) allowing to play it like a photo Theremin.
- One square and triangle waveform LFO (low frequency oscillator), that can modulate the VCO for the vibrato effect creating arcade Atari-like sounds; and also can modulate the filter creating a resonant tremolo effect.
- One white noise generator that modulates the frequency of the VCO.
- Voltage controlled vactrol filter with the classical cut off and resonance controls that produces unique, weird effects, also capable to process external audio signals
- 1/4 inch audio output, 1/4 inch Line Audio Input, 1 big photocell.
- Red ultra bright LED tentacle (500mm) to provide light for the photo cell, very useful when playing it on a dark stage.
- Packed in a clear acrylic case that shows all the handmade analog circuitry.
- Powered directly from 110V or 220V AC.
- Dimensions: 170 mm (W), 170 mm (D), 75mm (H. included rubber feet and knobs).
Looks pretty amazing! Check the website for some Abyssal sound demos.
# Mellotron Samples – Tons of samples from a 30 year old Mellotron M400S (serial #500). String Section, Combined Choir and GC3 Brass samples were recently added to the page.
# Den-kuri Master(den-kuri ver2) – Electro-shock stimulation interface, get MIDI-fied!
# Musicifying Data? Spam Rendered in MIDI – Peter Kirn wrote a simple program that checks his Gmail account using IMAP, then translates the time spam messages arrived into MIDI notes.