Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Short links for March 19th, 2008
Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on March 19th, 2008:
- The Sound of Touch – Instrument for real-time capture and sensitive physical stimulation of sound samples using digital convolution. Our hand-held wand can be used to record sound and then playback the recording by brushing, scraping, striking or otherwise physically manipulating the wand against physical objects. During playback, the recorded sound is continuously filtered by the acoustic interaction of the wand and the material being touched.
A texture kit allows for convenient acoustic exploration of a range of materials.
- the music of sound » FX Recording in Bali with a Zoom H2 Recorder – Sounds of a Gamelan workshop, a traditional fire dance, a New Year’s eve procession and more.
- Key Chain Studio – The man was wrong. You can take it with you and you don't even need to lug a laptop with you.
- Korg’s DS-10 Nintendo DS Instrument is Getting International Release – Tomi from AQI Inc. says they will release DS-10 worldwide.
- Mediamatic.net – Hybrid Toys Workshop – Participants developed prototypes for playful hybrid world applications, focusing on designing physical toys with digital and/or networked components.
- Wii Guitarduino – Jason Leyrer gets his Wii Guitar Hero guitar to talk to an Arduino prototyping board.