Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
Short links for November 29th, 2007
Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on November 29th, 2007:
- Digital Music, Universal, and Why Water is Thicker Than Coke – Peter Kirn reflects on Doug Morris (Universal’s CEO) saying in an interview with Wired:
“Really, an album that someone worked on for two years — is that worth only $9, $10, when people pay two bucks for coffee in Starbucks?” Morris sighs. “People never really understand what’s happening to the artists … If you had Coca-Cola coming through the faucet in your kitchen, how much would you be willing to pay for Coca-Cola? There you go,” he says. “That’s what happened to the record business.”
HijiNKS ENSUE posted a comic in relation to the interview here.
- Beijing restaurant Engrish menu items – Stir-fried wikipedia with pimientos, and Steam eggs with wikipedia
- An Entirely Other Day – Complete Receipt Defeat – Breakdown in inches of a Toys R Us receipt, a foot and a half in total length.
- Arduino NES to MIDI Project 1.0 – Hooking up MIDI and a NES controller to the Arduino.
- Wii Strum – Patryk Laurent’s Air guitar for Wii remote + Nunchuk, a Wii strumming app free for Mac (uses Java).