Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
Short links for November 8th, 2007
Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on November 8th, 2007:
- LinnDrum LM-2 with Tuning Modification – Kerry has modified his LinnDrum LM-2 so all voices could be individually tuned.
- UltraPin 12 in 1 Digital Pinball Table – What were they thinking? Clearly not made for pinball lovers…
- How to Win at Monopoly ® – a Surefire Strategy – Tim Darling has detailed information on what to buy, how many houses to build in order to win (and take all the fun out of the game while you’re at it…)
Temperature map showing how quickly you get your incremental investment back
- Build a xylophone out of almost anything – How-tos on building xylophones from everything from pipes, bottles, wood, wrenches, even stone.
- Fran Holland’s Balloon Organ – Uses a bunch of standard plumbing fittings, tuned with sliders and balloons to produce weird, eerie, bagpipe-style music. A large inflated balloon to one side provides the steady air pressure for the drone.
- The ‘Winners’ of the Wired News Saddest-Cubicle Contest – David Gunnells, an IT guy at the University of Alabama at Birmingham has his desk penned in by heavily used filing cabinets in a windowless conference room, near a poorly ventilated bathroom and a microwave.
- Julian Wolkenstein – Lovely photography from Australia’s most branded photographer.
- Get 10% discount on Image-Line products – Use this link and get a 10% discount on FL Studio, Deckadance, Maximus, Morphine, Sytrus, Toxic 3 DirectWave, and more (someone recently use my promo code to buy an item at the Image-Line store, thanks David!, so I figured I’d plug my code once more in order to gain enough credits to actually be able to purchase something through the IL affiliate program).