Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on October 2nd, 2007:
- 40+ Media Players That Aren’t iTunes – Mashable lists over 40 players for those who don’t want to use iTunes.
- McLaggan Smith Mugs – Lovely mugs, sweet mugs, cool mugs, and… more mugs.
- The Atari 2600 celebrates 30 years of low-rez fun – Retro Thing takes a trip down memory lane.
- Using CCTV for low-budget filmmaking – Mediashed involved a group of kids who usually hang around in the streets to engage in Video sniffin’ activities and turn CCTV into a free broadcasting system for their own use.
- Microsoft bows to pressure on XP – Customer demand has forced Microsoft to extend the shelf life of Windows XP by five months.
- rsizr – With rsizr, in addition to normal image rescaling and cropping, you can also resize images using a new image resizing algorithm called seam carving (a method of image retargeting) that tries to keep intact areas in your image that are richer in detail.
- Ronald’s Crisis – On September 15, 2007 Ronald McDonald, who had fallen in love with the food of New York and become frustrated with the corporate agenda of McDonald’s, stepped into action closing every McDonald’s store in Manhattan.
- M.T.A. Makes Deal for Cellphones in Stations – All 277 underground stations in the subway system are to be wired for cellphone use.
- New AT&T terms of service – From now on, AT&T can terminate your connection for conduct that “tends to damage the name or reputation of AT&T, or its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries”.