Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
Short links for September 23rd, 2007
Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on September 23rd, 2007:
- visualsoftheworld.com – Longest page? Currently 24393.72 cm long, ready to scroll?
- Braille Graffiti – An attempt to create a unique moment for a blind person who might happen across one of these bits of braille graffiti.
- Firefly PCB – A small (around one watt) tube-based guitar amplifier using three inexpensive and readily available vacuum tubes. The entire amp can be built for less than $200.
- Ovi – The door to Nokia’s internet services – Ovi will include the Nokia Music Store, Nokia Maps and N-Gage games.
- Robotic Insect Takes Off – A life-size, robotic fly has taken flight at Harvard University. Weighing only 60 milligrams, with a wingspan of three centimeters, the tiny robot’s movements are modeled on those of a real fly.
- Build an antique style crystal radio – A crystal radio, or crystal set as it is sometimes called, is a radio that only uses the power of the radio waves picked up by the antenna to generate the sound heard in the head phones.
- The R2-D2 Wireless Web Camera – Commemorating the 30th anniversary of the original iconic Star Wars film.