Samples From Mars has released SDSV From Mars, a sample library featuring the sounds of the Simmons SDSV drum synthesizer.
Released in 1981, the Simmons SDSV was the world’s first electronic analog drumkit and still remains the biggest and most characterful Simmons to this day. The oscillators sound ridiculously big, with almost an overload of bass and the same Curtis filters used on the SP-1200 and Voyetra enclose the entire sound in vintage warmth.
This is a great library of samples if you’re looking to expand your analog drum game into more unique territory than the standard 808 / 909. Although the SDSV is perhaps most popular for its role in 80s rock, it is equally at home in the modern electronic producer’s studio as a secret weapon for deep analog groove.
SDSV From Mars features
- 1050 24bit Royalty Free WAV Samples.
- Well organized into subfolders for easy individual hit navigation.
- Kits folders give you (4) instantly useable 16 hit drumkits.
- Sounds include: Kicks, Toms, Snares, Hi Hats, Percussion and Noise samples.
- Variations of pitch, pitch bend, decay, filter and saturation.
- Re-pitched on tape for even more sounds .
- Tuned Kicks & Toms labeled by root name.
- Ableton Live, Kontakt & Logic formats also available.
SDSV From Mars is available for purchase for $29 USD.