Note: this post is from 2006, outbound links may be broken.
Simple-Media releases String Thing 2 VSTi
String Thing 2 uses an impulse, Resonator and Resonant Body model similar to ‘Super String Thing’ but specifically tailored to recreating the sounds of acoustic plucked strings.
- asic ‘plucking’ control
- string damping
- various impulse filter modes
- variable bandwidth filter
- new 2D control for impulse
- full control over resonant body dimensions and resonance
- LFO for vibrato, tremolo and chorus
- modulation (MIDI CC)
- can recreate a more natural range of acoustic plucked string timbres
- shiny new interface design
- reasonable CPU load