Simple-Media has updated Spook Keys, a freeware VSTi designed to re-create the sound of a ‘Theramin’ and offering control either using a MIDI keyboard or using the mouse to drag the glowing spot across the ‘chart’ for more authentic ‘Theramin’ style play.
In the updated version the x/y controller does not spring back to its start position when the mouse button is released. This makes indefinitely held notes without having to hold the mouse possible.
- sine, sawtooth, triangle and pulse waves
- variable key in and out response
- variable LFO for vibrato and tremolo
- pan, chorus (detuning), stereo spread and glide controls
- filtered, ping-pong, stereo delay