Sinevibes has updated the Drift chaos modulator Audio Unit effect plugin to version 1.2.0.
It is based on a two-dimensional Lorenz attractor generator commonly used in airflow modelling but applied here onto sound level and low-pass filter cutoff frequency. Drift easily makes any static sound come to life – giving it an organic, smooth motion. And its high-contrast, colour-coded interface is a joy to use, too.
Changes in Drift v1.2.0
- Completely new user interface, with new colour scheme and larger controls.
- Re-calibrated level and filter modulation intensity.
- Added required Audio Unit format changes for OS X 10.7 and 10.8.
- Removed support for Power PC processors and OS X 10.5.
- Minor performance optimisations.
- New preset patches.
Drift is available to purchase for $19 USD. The update is free to all existing owners.