Sinevibes has released version 1.2.0 of its Fraction audio slicing workstation plugin for Mac, which includes multiple design enhancements, new presets, and more.
Fraction is an effect plugin for deep real-time manipulation and re-engineering of sound. It features 8 slicers which record and repeat small portions of the input audio at defined points in time, slightly or radically changing the rhythmical arrangement.
Each slice has three dedicated effect processors with a wide range of algorithms, and their parameters can be animated in perfect sync with the slice repeater.
Rolls, stutters, fills, breaks and transitions can be done with unprecedented ease – but Fraction has enough power to create whole musical pieces out of almost anything.
Changes in Fraction v1.2.0
- Newly-coded live waveform graphics with animation and lower processor load.
- New design for sequencer controls and slice position shift buttons.
- Simplified background styling with improved contrast.
- Support for negative swing ratio values.
- Performance optimizations in barber-pole phaser and pitch shifter algorithms.
- Fixed incorrect slice position display with non-zero swing ratios.
- New factory presets.
- Updated and enhanced user manual.
Fraction for Mac (AU) is available for purchase for $69 USD.