SKnote has announced Disto, an effect plug-in offering distortion, compression, warmth, and transformers.
Disto is an emulation of two different devices in one. It is designed by merging the features to get a single processing system.
A Mid/Side encoding/decoding matrix is added to the rack, which, thanks to independent controls, give full access to Mid and Side processing.
The character of the rack is widely expanded, by offering a “Standard/Dirty” selection. Standard mode has character and headroom of the modeled devices. Dirty mode has a lot stronger effects for more blatant processing.
- Lots of compression character selections, with several knees and characters.
- Several saturation options.
- Output transformers.
- “Warmth” filter, to control brightness in a special way.
- Simple set of controls and interface.
- Stereo, Dual and Mid/Side modes for full control on the stereo image.
- “Hottitude” control (internal levels) to get independent control on dynamics, saturation and warmth.
- Standard and Dirty modes.
Disto for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) will be available in July, at a launch price of $29.99 USD (regular $39.99 USD).