SM Pro Audio has announced MPatch 2.1, a passive volume controller/monitor switcher.
Designed to provide true passive analog control over studio monitoring systems—thereby eliminating the loss of bit-depth associated with digital attenuation—the third-generation MPatch 2.1 features dual inputs with independent volume controls, a newly-designed master attenuator utilizing state-of-the-art 0.5% tolerance SMD resistors, a headphone output with separate volume control, and a subwoofer output with variable crossover. Both balanced combination XLR / 1/4” TRS and unbalanced RCA inputs are provided, with input selection, mute, stereo/mono summing operation, and subwoofer in/out selectable from the front panel.
MPatch 2.1 features
- Dual L/R Balanced Combination XLR–1/4” TRS Inputs
- Dual L/R Unbalanced RCA Inputs
- Dual 1/8” (3.5mm) TRS Stereo Inputs
- Dual Balanced XLR Master Outputs
- Dual Balanced XLR L/R Outputs
- Balanced XLR Subwoofer Output with Optional Variable Crossover
- L/R Balanced Sub/Crossover Returns
- Three Independent Rotary Analog
- Stereo Volume Controls
- 1/4” TRS Stereo Headphone Output
- Headphone Volume Control
- 1/4” TS Remote Mute Input
- Five Output Selector Switches with Mutes
- Stereo/Mono Summing Switch
- Master Mute Switch
Designed for desktop or rack-mount use, the MPatch 2.1 carries a suggested retail price of $199.99 USD.