SM Pro Audio has released the Nano Patch+, a passive volume controller.
The Nano Patch+ really comes into its own when connected between your computer audio interface/soundcard master outputs and a pair of active (powered) monitor speakers. One of the benefits of passive volume attenuation is that you no longer have to control volumes with your software’s master volume fader. Reducing levels from your software only reduces the audio bit depth. It is much more appropriate to keep your software masters at unity and attenuate the audio to your active monitors with a passive controller like the Nano Patch+. This way you can maintain maximum audio resolution and attenuate your monitoring volume with the confidence that the sonic integrity of your audio is not compromised.
Nano Patch+ features
- Super compact 2 channel analog passive volume control.
- Rotary volume attenuation control.
- Mute button.
- Completely transparent operation.
- No power required.
- 2 x combo inputs (balanced and unbalanced).
- 2 x TRS outputs (balanced and unbalanced).
- 1 x Mini jack I/O.
- Available in black and silver.
The Nano Patch+ is available for purchase for an MRSP of 54 EUR / $79 USD.