Softknobs has released version 0.8 beta of Blofeld Virtual Editor, a software plug-in for use with the Waldorf Blofeld.
Blofeld Virtual Editor is a flexible tool to control and edit patches of the incredible Waldorf Blofeld desktop synthesizer.
Changes in Blofeld Virtual Editor v0.8
- Total recall: Now, the patch is recalled correctly when saving it with your project. This has been tested successfully in Cubase 4/5, Renoise and Aodix.
- Basic part control: Several parts can be controlled using several instances and Blofeld’s “Multi Mode”. Think “Multi timbrality”, since multi mode is not supported at all.
- Recall of multiple part patches.
- Send Patch function.
- Name and category editing.
- OSC 1 + 2 shapes updated (display is not optimal but is complete).
- Several missing parameters added.
- Front panel re-organized.
- Minor cosmetic changes.
- Arpeggiator display corrected (accuracy, legato) but note that the arpeggiator is not a 1:1 copy of the Blofeld’s display and some things are displayed differently (ie. random notes).
- Dropped Control Change support: only SysEx is now supported.
- Reported problems: Reported problem with Automap.
Blofeld Virtual Editor is available to download as a freeware VST instrument plug-in for Windows.
More information: Softknobs