Softube has announced the Valley People Dyna-mite plug-in, a faithful replica of the Valley People Dyna-Mite, a multi-dynamics tool capable of limiting/ compressing, expanding, gating, keying, ducking, de-essing, etc.
Squash drums, get a snappy baseline, enhance track dynamics, duck, gate, key or de-ess – the Valley People Dyna-mite is a swiss army knife limiter/expander design with unique character that inspires to new sounds!
The Valley People Dyna-mite was designed in the 80’s and has become a secret weapon for some. For others, it’s still a hidden treasure just waiting to be discovered. It features a limit mode, an expander mode, a gate mode, a de-esser mode and on top of that, two sidechain modes that let you duck or follow a track. All the options breathe of the Dyna-mite’s very special vibe and flavor.
Nowadays, the Dyna-mite has a reputation not only as a problem solver but also as a creative tool that can really influence your sound in a unique way. It stands out from other solutions by being a tech-driven innovative design which has resulted in several creations, like the Valley People proprietary VCA and the Anticipatory Release Computation, both of which play a big part in the sound of the Dyna-mite.
Valley People Dyna-mite Plug-In features
- Limiting: Peak and average limiting, incl. negative ratio (-20:1) limiting and detector HF filtering (for De-Essing purposes).
- Expanding: Hard or soft with extreme gate settings and detector HF filtering.
- Ducking or Keying modes with external side chain (where available).
- Threshold knob with auto make-up gain.
- Release ranging from 0.05 to 5 sec/20 dB with Anticipatory Release Computation (ARC) to reduce pumping.
- Output volume with accurately modeled output distortion and clip LED.
- Innovative Range knob that controls maximum amount of expansion or limiting.
- Built-in interactive guide that displays current settings and active mode.
The Softube Valley People Dyna-mite plug-in will be available to purchase for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) on May 3, 2010.