Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Softube releases Metal Amp Room
Softube has released Metal Amp Room, a virtual amplifier plug-in designed to bring you the most brutal, evil and aggressive sound that is possible to squeeze out of your DAW.
Focusing on usability and sound quality, this is a plug-in that is proud not to include a gazillion amps, effects racks, patch cords, or a blow- dryer. Just two channels, two cabinets, two mics per cabinet, and a wickedly fast noise gate for palm mute galore. Every setting is a setting that will sound good, so it’s almost impossible to get a useless sound. Metal Amp Room is a real workhorse, a plug-in that will handle all your metal needs without ever getting in your way.
Metal Amp Room features
- A brutal metal amp with a raw & authentic sound.
- And a program-dependent guitar noise gate.
- Two cabs with two mics per cabinet.
- Easy to use balancing stereo mic preamp for balancing the two mics.
- Flexible & continuous click-and-drag mic positioning.
- Fully automatable parameters.
- 3-D rendered photo-realistic user interface.
- Compatible with all effects that work with real amps.
Metal Amp Room is available for Windows PC and Mac in Native VST/AU/RTAS formats and costs $179 USD (ex. VAT).