Softube has announced the releases of the Passive-Active Pack, an EQ plug-in collection for Windows and Mac.
The Passive-Active Pack is a collection of three very different equalizers, each with its own character and quirks. The equalizers contain emulations of real workhorse equalizers, used on thousands of recordings from past to present.
The Passive Equalizer is a three-band EQ with an unprecedented clear and open sound, a warm low end and sparkling top, while the Active Equalizer is Passive’s counterpart with three fully parametric bands and a tight and focused sound. The Focusing Equalizer is an untraditional take on the EQ concept where the low, mid and high bands move automatically and musically in relation to the high and low cut filters. It also features filters from the Passive and Active EQ’s as well as an outstanding one-knob Saturation control.
The Passive-Active Pack will assist you in getting that familiar sound heard in your favorite recordings, as well as move you into new and uncharted sonic territories.
Passive-Active Pack features
- General features
- Authentic component modeling.
- Fully automatable parameters.
- Output gain and output metering.
- 3-D rendered photo-realistic user interface.
- Passive Equalizer
- Three bands with an extremely wide and open sound.
- Excellent treble control without any “digital harshness”.
- Warm low end and a sparkling top.
- Active Equalizer
- Tight and focused sounding filters.
- Low- and High cut.
- Three parametric bands with:
- Selectable gain in 2dB steps (-/+ 16 dB)
- Selectable frequency with overlapping, but non-interfering, bands (50-500 Hz, 380Hz-3.8kHz, 1.8-18kHz)
- Select between a sharp or blunt peak (Q) for each band
- Focusing Equalizer
- Built-in one knob saturation with metering.
- Selectable saturation type.
- Choose between Passive or Active EQ character.
- Three-band EQ that automatically and musically changes with Low and High Cut.
The Passive-Active Pack is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) for $199 USD, excl. VAT. A demo version can be found here.