Solcito Musica has released version 2.0 of Crio, a free virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Crio is a virtual monophonic analog/FM synthesizer to make arpeggios, bass, solos, leads, FX-style sounds, to be used at studio or live. Minimal controls, maximum functionality.
Changes in Crio v2.0
- Solved lost LFO modulations in certain host and DAWs.
- Added “Eco CPU” button to save CPU.
- Added Ring Modulation.
- Added modulations from Env and from LFO to the selected “mod frq” in the Oscillator.
- Added more frequencies in the “mod frq” selector in the Oscillator.
- Maximum envelope times were extended.
- Expanded the LFO rate range when the selector “rate source” is set to “synt”.
- Added option of 2 octaves to the suboscillator.
- Improved sensibility in the knob “cut” of the filter.
- Now the phase relationship in the Oscillator is set automatically, so the push-button “phase – reset” was removed.
- Now the trigger push-button (F1) in the LFO works on both options of the “trigger” selector: “kbd” and “free”. Previously only worked on “kbd”.
- Improved the pitch wheel performance.
- Eliminated artifacts in the attack of notes when selected quantized noise wave in the LFO.
- Increased the maximum volume of audio output.
- Added a limiter to avoid unwanted audio clips.
- The preset panel allows to view longer preset names.
- There’s less keys in the keyboard of the GUI.
- Presets of previous versions can be loaded but those are not 100% compatible.
Crio for Windows (VST) is available for download as freeware.