Sonic Charge updates Microtonic to v3.1
Sonic Charge has released version 3.1 of its Microtonic drum and percussion synthesizer combined with a pattern based drum-machine engine.
It is a free upgrade (as usual) and to many people the most interesting news is probably 64-bit compatibility. It also features new MIDI controlling possibilities (including pattern edits via MIDI CC) and a beautiful new skin with spacier layout and crispier pixels.
Changes in Microtonic v3.1
- First fully 64-bit compatible version.
- Supports MIDI CC out for updating MIDI controllers with current parameter values.
- Supports MIDI CC for mutes as well as MIDI keys.
- Supports using MIDI CC to perform pattern edits.
- Drum patches that are loaded from factory preset folders are now referenced to with relative file paths meaning that it will be easier to use the drum patch browser to change patches in factory presets.
- Signed packages on Mac OS X.
- Name of DLL’s changed from MicroTonic(Multi)VST.dll to Microtonic(Multi).dll only. Name of plugin is Microtonic from now on, not µTonic or MicroTonic. Logotype is still µTONIC.
- Fixed a bug where MIDI events occurring simultaneously would be processed in incorrect order, e.g. a note with 100% legato could stop the next note with its note off event.
- Max length of program name reported to host is 64 characters.
- De-initializes and releases all resources when last instance is removed from project.
- Updated to latest support libraries. Lots of minor stability and compatibility improvements.
- In the file browser, drum patches are previewed on the individual outputs that they will load into.
- Supports automatic online registration through Sonic Charge Authenticator.
- New skin. Bigger. Beautifuller. Spacier. Space is the future.
Microtonic for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $99 USD ex. VAT.