Note: this post is from 2005, outbound links may be broken.
Sonicbytes releases ERA2
ERA is a professional multipurpose Midi-Stepsequencer / Arpeggiator-Plugin. It controls up to 12 instruments or effects in a very dynamic way. All in realtime and controllable via Midi. Its unique pattern-variation approach, supporting different views on one pattern, provides an outstanding musical inspiration and expression.
ERA2 provides many new features like the playlist-editor. The restyled GUI and numerous enhancements make dynamic composing easier. A new demo-version is also available.
New in version 2
- Playlist-Editor with multiple live-controllable Loops
- Completely restyled GUI
- Variation display indicates used variations
- Revised and extended Reference Manual
- Help-system revised and updated
- Full mousewheel support including pianoroll-scrolling
- Midi-Controllable Step-Spin, ideal for breakbeat
- Improved Midi-Import
- Overall consistence and terminology improved
- Several bugs fixed, including midi-in displacement bug with certain buffersizes
- Step-selection reworked, now control+mousebutton on step-leds
- Example Library including presets, banks and patterns of different styles
- Reusable templates for drummaps, setups and workflows
The introductory price for ERA2 is 49 euro. Updating to version 2 is free for ERA users.
Note: Only the VST version is updated at the moment, the MFX will follow soon.
Check Sonicbytes site for more information and a demo.