Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Soniccouture releases Guzheng
Soniccouture has released Guzheng, a sampled Guzheng (Chinese zither) instrument for Kontakt, EXS24 and Ableton Live.
The SC Guzheng has been extensively recorded in 24 bit 44.1khz stereo. Three articulations were sampled: right hand (finger picks), left hand (flesh), and harmonics (finger picks). Up to ten velocity levels, three round robin alternations for the right hand, and two round robin alternations for the left hand. This ensures natural attack transients with no ‘machine-gun’ repetition.
Across all 21 strings this amounts to 1027 samples totaling just over 2 gigabytes. We provide a method to play the Guzheng in it’s original tuning, or in chromatic tuning, for each format.
SC Guzheng features
- 2.25 GB Sampled Instrument.
- 24 bit Stereo 44.1 Recording.
- KSP ‘Last Note Standing’ PitchBend Processor.
- KSP Glissando and Tremolo Processors.
- Right ( Picked ) and Left Hand ( Finger) + Harmonics Sampling.
- 3 Round Robin Layers + Up to 10 Velocity layers per note.
- Kontakt 2 / 3, Logic EXS24 or Ableton Live 7 Required.
SC Guzheng is available now for download for £49 GBP (disc version for £52 GBP).
Visit Soniccouture for more information and audio demos.