Soniccouture has announced Morpheus, a sample library featuring the sounds of an aluminum percussion instrument by Freenotes.
The instrument is modular; the keys can be rearranged in any order you like, as each metal bar is attached to its own tuned resonator.
The Soniccouture Morpheus instrument comes with 2 additional types of instrument apart from the natural version: Morpheus Generator and Morpheus Pad.
The Morpheus Generator is a generative music device built in KSP that creates repetitions (loops) that vary in length while a note is held down. You can have one or two loops active, and a loop will be created for every note you hold down. Playing simple sequences creates constantly moving, shifting patterns & soundscapes. ( not available in EXS version)
The Morpheus Pad uses a different set of samples, fully looped instead of the natural decay. This enables infinitely sustaining glassy pads and textures. These can be further enhanced using phase offset, detune and doubling controls in the Ensemble effect section.
- 1.6 GB Sample Library.
- 24 bit 44.1 Khz Stereo Sampling.
- 3 Velocity layers , 3-4 Alternate Round Robin layers.
- Natural Decay and looped Pad Instruments.
- KSP Generator – ambient pattern generation tool.
- KSP Jammer – generative arpeggiator.
- KSP Strummer – allows you to ‘strum’ or sweep notes across the keyboard.
- KSP Ensemble Effect Processor.
- 40 Kontakt instrument presets.
Morpheus is available for Kontakt (Kontakt 3.5 or 4.1.1, NOT compatible with free Kontakt Player) and EXS24, priced at £49 GBP / €49 EUR / $79 USD.
Until 26 November, 2010 you can get £10 GBP / €10 EUR / $15 USD discount by entering the following code at checkout: GK4SDTZQ1X