Chris Jones has released a beta/demo version of Sonigen Modular, a virtual modular synthesizer for Windows.
Sonigen Modular is a modular software synthesizer which offers you the freedom and flexibility of classic modular synthesis with high quality sound and efficient cpu usage.
Sonigen Modular features
- Fully modular, you can add as many modules and patch cables as you want.
- A fast and intuitive user interface. Layout is mostly automatic, cables indicate signal flow, and our (unique as far as I know) dynamic input handling reduces the need for extra mixer modules, and also reduces screen wastage from unused input terminals / knobs.
- Modular voice and modular output effect processing both cleanly integrated in one window.
- Everything is processed at full sample rate so there is no need to differentiate between audio signals and control signals. This makes it easier to use and also more flexible.
- Just in time (JIT) assembly. Not only is the audio engine written entirely in assembler, but it is also dynamically assembled at runtime. This enables a whole class of optimizations that are otherwise impossible with pre-compiled binaries.
The Sonigen Modular demo is now available to download.
More information: Sonigen Modular