Sonivox announces Vocalizer, vocal production synthesizer
Sonivox has announced Vocalizer, a vocal production synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
VOCALIZER is a completely new concept in modern music production that couples a new technology synthesis engine with an open input based architecture. VOCALIZER is one part effect plugin and one part virtual instrument. Vocalists, non-vocalists, & producers feed VOCALIZER any audio source, and it re-pitches, effects, and re-synthesizes the original source into a whole new sound.
Primarily designed for vocal use, vocalists will enjoy the vast options afforded by VOCALIZER to add previously unattainable dimensions to their voice. Inversely, non-vocalists will enjoy the opportunity to use their voices in musical ways that they previously thought impossible.
VOCALIZER also works well with other types of inputs. Drum & percussion tracks fed through VOCALIZER result in complex synth lines that perfectly sync to the original dry drum & percussion parts. Other input sounds afford a powerful and flexible new approach to sound design. VOCALIZER users can take any sound and use it as a shaping tool to be VOCALIZED.
The VOCALIZER marks the first release from SONiVOX’s NEMESYNTH Audio Research Group. Spearheaded by noted audio guru and scientist Jim Van Buskirk, pioneer inventor of the virtual instrument, modern computer driven sampling, and real-time low-latency convolution, SONiVOX’s NEMESYNTH Audio Research Group’s sole purpose is to discover, research, & develop revolutionary new enabling technologies for musicians everywhere.
- One-of-a-kind new patent pending audio synthesis system affords unparalleled signal processing, vocoding, & re-synthesis, from subtle to completely mind-blowing.
- Vocalists – enjoy building complex complementary harmonies and soundscapes out of your voice, or transform your solo voice beyond natural boundaries.
- Non-singers – sing on tracks you could never have before. Make your voice musical in ways you’ve never imagined you could.
- Endless sound sculpting possibilities. Run any audio source through Vocalizer’s revolutionary input-based synthesizer for unbelievable results.
- A robust selection of factory presets, or make your own.
- Make and warp chord progressions, beats, effects or portamento leads like no one has heard before.
- Easy to learn and use with included video tutorials.
- Works as a plug-in on most major MAC and PC based DAWs.
Vocalizer for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is scheduled for release on October 1, 2010, with a MSRP of $149.99 USD and an estimated street price of $99.99 USD.