Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Sonnox releases Sonnox Restore
Sonnox has announced the release of Sonnox Restore, a suite of three plug-ins designed to accurately restore audio recordings that are impaired.
Restore represents a quantum leap beyond previous restoration plug-in technology with its advanced algorithms and novel features that allow fast and extremely effective removal of pops, clicks, crackles, scratches, hum, buzzes and extraneous background noise from virtually any recording.
Capable of exceptionally high quality audio repairs, the three plug-ins are intuitive and easy to use, with each interface providing detailed graphical feedback, benefiting the user by saving time which of course is critical in the post-production process.
Sonnox Restore features
- Three sections with individual thresholds and controls: DePop, DeClick and DeCrackle
- Event display gives intuitive visual feedback of energy and duration of detected events
- ‘Exclude Box’ to select events that should not be repaired
- Dialogue Mode that allows two separate sets of control settings distinguished by input level
- Excitation displays to aid accurate setting of threshold controls
- Three audition modes, including option to listen to only removed events
- Advanced algorithms for accurate detection and high quality repair
- High performance hum and buzz removal using advanced algorithms
- Separate Detect and Remove Sections for intuitive workflow
- Scalable high resolution FFT of input signal shows strongest harmonics and removal filter
- Very accurate setting of fundamental over 3 frequency ranges
- Integrating frequency display shows strength of fundamental
- Tracking mode can be set to Automatic or Fast to follow fundamentals that wander in frequency, or to Freeze for fundamentals that vary in amplitude
- Choice of removal filters: Comb for general purpose narrow removal over many harmonics, or Parametric EQ for a more musical removal over a small set of harmonics
- Two audition modes, including option to listen to the removed buzz
- High performance noise removal using advanced algorithms
- Separate DeHisser, Detect and Remove Sections for intuitive workflow
- High resolution FFT of input signal showing noise profile
- Efficient DeHisser for preparation before wide-band noise reduction
- Detector noise profile can be set to automatic, freeze or manual
- Noise threshold and reduction are controllable in frequency bands using adjustable bias curve
- Two audition modes, including the option to listen to the removed noise
- Warmth control for sweetening after noise removal
- Make-up gain for true A/B comparisons
Sonnox Restore is available to purchase for Windows PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS), priced at £1,195 GBP. Sony Restoration Tools owners can exchange their licence for £895 GBP until February 28, 2010.