Sonoma Wire Works releases Taylor EQ App for iOS
Sonoma Wire Works has released Taylor EQ, a free app for iOS.
Sonoma Wire Works has teamed up with Taylor Guitars to create the free Taylor EQ app: an input EQ for enhancing the sound of a Taylor guitar when played through GuitarJack on an iOS device. Select from a range of EQ presets that complement Taylor’s signature guitar body shapes, including the Grand Auditorium, Grand Symphony, Grand Concert, Dreadnought, T5, or the new GS Mini.
Each EQ preset was custom designed by Taylor Guitars’ engineers to optimize the tone of each body shape for use with the GuitarJack. Customize your own presets and play along with songs from your iTunes library, making the Taylor EQ the perfect practice tool for any guitar owner. Taylor EQ is the first free app to include the GuitarJack control panel, which allows users to configure the GuitarJack settings.
Taylor EQ features
- Six Taylor Guitar EQ Presets: Select from a range of EQ presets that complement Taylor’s signature guitar body shapes, including the Grand Auditorium, Grand Symphony, Grand Concert, Dreadnought, T5, or the GS Mini.
- Advanced Mode: Use the 6 band Parametric EQ with frequency, gain and pinch-for-Q gesture control to create a custom tone for your Taylor Guitar or any guitar. Then save the settings for later use. Toggle between basic and advanced to hear the difference.
- iPod Playthrough: Play along with your iPod songs on your iPhone or iPod touch while in the Taylor EQ app.
- Compressor/Limiter: A factory configured compressor-limiter sweetens the sound and keeps the output from clipping, or turn it off to hear the unprocessed output.
- Monitor Level: Balance the level when playing along with iPod songs. Turn it up to push the compressor harder.
- GuitarJack Control Panel: GuitarJack connects instruments, stereo line inputs and mics to the iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPod Touch (2nd and 3rd gen.) via 1/4 inch instrument and 1/8 inch stereo mic/line inputs. GuitarJack features a 1/4 inch instrument with configurable pad, Lo-Z and Hi-Z modes, a 1/8 inch stereo mic/line input that includes pad, normal and boost modes, and a 1/8 inch stereo output with increased drive for headphones. Each input has 60dB of continuous gain/level control. Configure GuitarJack’s levels in Taylor EQ for the best possible sound, and what you’ll hear through the improved headphone jack sounds better than through the iOS device headphone jack. Levels set using Taylor EQ’s GuitarJack Control Panel settings can remain set when you switch to compatible audio apps, even if they do not include the GuitarJack Control Panel.
The Taylor EQ app for iOS is available as a free download from the iTunes App Store.