Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
Sony releases Sound Forge 9 Professional Digital Audio Production Suite
New in Sound Forge 9
- Multichannel file editing and processing, Multichannel audio recording
- Drag-and-drop editing between channels
- Hardware meters with output gain control, Phase and mono-compatibility meters
- New wet/dry mix and crossfade options for effects
- Channel Converter tool for multichannel files
- Multichannel capable Spectrum Analysis
- Enhanced user interface and color customization
- Multichannel Windows® Media File support, 5.1 Dolby® Digital AC-3 export (Studio plug-in)
- Gracenote® MusicID™ technology
- Includes Noise Reduction 2.0 and Mastering Effects Bundle powered by iZotope™
The Multichannel audio recording looks like a great feature. From the Sony info page:
With Sound Forge 9 software, you can record multichannel audio when using multichannel sound card devices. Each audio stream can be set to a particular channel, and be edited in the Sound Forge interface just like a stereo file.
Also, the Spring 2007 catalog is out. You can sign up here to get it.