Sound Dust has released Pendleonium³, an updated version of the Pendleonium instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The control panel has undergone a complete re-think. The new look is sharp and purposeful and the layout of instruments and functions is intuitive and user friendly. A total of 6 sampled source instruments are arranged left to right across the main panel – two baritone guitars, two infinity guitars, Spring Viola and an additional instrument based on samples created with a vintage Roland Space Echo.
Each individual source instrument comes with greatly enhanced editing tools, offering wave shape, ADSR, effects, and volume. To the right of the instrument panel is a dedicated editing bay offering yet more capability. Here you will find reverb and delay sends, reverb, rotor, EQ and dirt for gnarly lo-fi effects.
A second interface window can be opened for velocity and round robin. The best thing about the P³ though, is playing it. With its unique sounds and easy editing, The P³ is an absolute pleasure to play and tweak as you go. It must be stated that this instrument is not attempting to sound like anything else or even to offer any faithful reproduction of its source instruments.
- Baritone Guitar x 2 – amped through custom Laney VC15 valve amp – 2 articulations clean plucked and edgy plucked – 4 velocity layers.
- Tape Baritone Guitar – recorded wet through Roland Chorus Echo RE501with lots of chorus.
- Fernades Sustainer Infinite Guitar x2 -amped through custom Laney VC15 valve amp – 2 articulations clean plucked and edgy plucked – endlessly looped.
- Spring Viola -miced and pushed completely wet through a noisey Vermona RetroVerb spring reverb.
- 700 24bit mono samples = 1.3GB with Native Instruments propriety compression.
- Sample start and loop length control per instrument (except infinite guitars).
- BPM synced pan and volume modulation per instrument.
- BPM synced vibrato and chorus per instrument.
- 24 custom convolution reverbs per instrument.
- 4 fully controllable insert effects – dirt, eq, rotor, phaser and master algorithmic reverb.
- 2 fully controllable send effects – delay and algorithmic reverb.
- Keyboard Velocity and Round Robin modelling page.
- 45 instrument snapshots.
- Handy build in instructions in RTFM page.
Pendleonium³ for Kontakt 5.5.1 or higher (full version) is available for purchase for £30 GBP (inc VAT).
A 20% introductory discount is available until October 9th, 2016. Use coupon wellsprung at checkout to take advantage of this offer.