Sound Magic has announced the release of Imperial Grand, a virtual piano instrument for Windows.
Imperial Grand starts with the famous dark, rich Bosendorfer style sound, and establishes an incredible level of realism by using patented NEO Hybrid Modeling Engine coupled with Artificial Intelligence Assistant Tool.
Sound Magic’s NEO Hybrid Modeling is a completely new way to offer the best of both worlds, the Realistic Sound of Sampling and the Playability of Modeling. The NEO Hybrid Modeling Engine leads all other virtual pianos by providing a smaller footprint, lower latency and a truer, richer sound that makes our piano live and breathe! The NEO Hybrid Modeling Engine achieves this realistic and authentic sound by using physical modeling to shape the sound’s “skeleton” and then maps it to a series of harmonic components in real time to provide the resonance between the strings and the sound of the piano “box”.
IR and Convolution Reverb provide for a sense of realism essential to the live sound. Too often, reverb is added as a gloss to emulate playing in some sort of cavern, but here the reverb is replicating the reverb that occurs inside of a large vibrating instrument. (You can add your cavern playing on top of this essential sound if you need to!)
Imperial Grand features
- Imperial Grand gives you absolute control over every aspect of a piano. You can adjust hammer actions, microphone positions, sympathetic resonances, dynamics and more. You can even design your own piano.
- HD Velocity Layer supports up to 65,536 Velocity Layers.
- Multi-microphone positions enable users to mix between different microphone positions and create new sounds that easily fit into a mix.
- Real Piano Legato make the legato passage so real with a sustaining tone.
- Meticulous Dynamic Response controls enable users to adjust the dynamics of the piano, change the keyboard response, and achieve both realism and playability at the same time.
- New! 264-string Sympathetic Resonance System adds beautiful harmonies to both pedal up and pedal down notes.
- Imperial Grand is able to detect repeated notes and activate True Staccato Mode which precisely reproduces staccato notes.
- Built-in professional Reverb Engine simulates resonances with environment and soundboard, adding extra realism to the sound.
- Actual modeling and soft pedal samples vividly present the sound of three kinds of pedals.
- Faster load times. Smaller hard drive footprint, less memory and less CPU usage.
Imperial Grand for Windows (VST/Standalone) is available to purchase for 99 EUR.