Sound Magic releases Ruby Piano3D, virtual piano instrument
Sound Magic has released Ruby Piano3D, a virtual piano instrument which achieves an entirely new level of realism and playability.
Physical modeling is at the heart of the Ruby Piano3D sound, but both sampling and synthesis are incorporated to add to the realism. This combination creates a sound as authentic as monster sample libraries but at a smaller size and a much smaller CPU demand.
The Ruby Piano3D starts with the famous Yamaha sound, utilizing these powerful harmonics to create the unsurpassed authenticity and complexity that has long been a standard in concert halls around the world. Add complete 3D Audio Control to this Patented Hybrid Modeling Technology and the instrument becomes as versatile as it is realistic. Design your own piano from detailed physical parameters, such as hammer hardness and velocity, dynamic response, the interaction between different strings (sympathetic resonance), and even how much the soundboard reflects or absorbs sounds. Not a tweaker? Right out of the box, there are 8 pre-set modules to choose from.
Ruby Piano3D features
- Ruby Piano3D gives you absolute control over every aspect of a piano. You can adjust hammer actions, microphone positions, sympathetic resonances, dynamics and more. You can even design your own piano!
- Multi-microphone positions enable users to mix between different microphone positions and create new sounds that easily fit into a mix.
- Meticulous Dynamic Response controls enable users to adjust the dynamics of the piano, change the keyboard response, and achieve both realism and playability at the same time!
- New! Our 264-string Sympathetic Resonance System adds beautiful harmonies to both pedal up and pedal down notes.
- Ruby Piano3D is able to detect repeated notes and activate True Staccato Mode which precisely reproduces staccato notes.
- Built-in professional Reverb Engine simulates resonances with environment and soundboard, adding extra realism to the sound.
- Actual modeling and soft pedal samples vividly present the sound of three kinds of pedals.
- The separate 3D Effect unit can place the piano into a real 3D space, adding realism to the whole sound.
- Faster load times. Smaller hard drive footprint, less memory and less CPU usage.
Ruby Piano3D is available to purchase as a VST instrument plug-in for Windows, priced at 99 EUR / $129 USD.