Sound Performance Lab intros Phonitor 2 headphone preamp
Sound Performance Lab has announced Phonitor 2, bringing preamplifier/monitor controller functionality and remote controllable volume to the headphone preamp.
We are uber-happy to introduce the successor of our legendary Phonitor headphone preamp. We have kept all proven features while incorporating some major improvements — as such, the new Phonitor can be used as the ultimate monitor controller and preamp for three different sources.
Likewise, we revised the 120-Volt technology in order for it to perform better, which resulted in our measurement gear being outclassed. Even our creative team got even more creative and came up with a fascinating name: “Phonitor 2.” There’s only one thing that remained unchanged: the price.
Phonitor 2 features
- 120 Volt headphone amp and preamp/monitor controller.
- For dynamic and balanced headphones.
- For all headphones with an impedance of >10 Ohms (>40 Ohms for balanced headphones).
- Volume adjustment with any remote control.
- Frequency response: 4Hz – 480kHz (-3dB).
- THD+N: HP 0.00091 %, Line output 0.00085%.
- Dynamic range: HP 133.62dB/Line 134.37dB.
The Phonitor 2 costs MSRP 1,649 EUR.