Sound Radix has announced version 1.0.4 of its Pi phase interactions mixer effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
Pi works to improve the summing of a DAW or a mixer. Pi dynamically minimizes frequency cancellations between instruments within the mix, improves mono compatibility and brings back the lost depth and focus lost when overlapping frequencies collide.
Changes in Pi v1.0.4
- New: CHNL WEIGHT – Since gain plays a major role in channels’ phase influence and sensitivity in a mix, some program material can get strongly influenced by other channels in the mix when their level is relatively low or when they decay into lower levels. With CHNL WEIGHT It is now possible to manually adjust the channel’s low level and overall phase sensitivity and intensity within the mix. As CHNL WEIGHT increases – the less sensitive and more influential it’ll be to other channels in the mix. This can help minimize artifacts on some program material, especially on low level, mid-range sustain notes and tails.
- New: GLOBAL LOOKAHEAD BUFFER – Allows the use of larger audio buffers and other high latency plug-ins. If Pi doesn’t get all the samples it needs in time due to a larger audio buffer or other high latency plug-in, it can’t do its magic and it’ll displays Sync Errors. If you’re getting Sync Errors messages, Increase the lookahead buffer until they’re gone. Click on the Sound Radix logo to open the About screen and access this setting.
- Major performance improvements in Windows.
- Fixed bug causing drop-outs in some VST hosts.
- Fixed keyboard focus issues in Cubase and Pro Tools in Windows.
Pi for Windows and Mac is available for the extended introductory offer of $180 USD until January 31st, 2013 (regular $240 USD).