Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Soundbytes updates VST plug-in range to v1.1
Soundbytes has announced it has released version 1.1 of its entire VST plug-in range.
The Update brings major improvements and stability to the VST synthesizers BagPipes, HurdyGurdy and HurdyGurdyLE as well as to the VST effect plugins Sympathizer and StringVerb.
Changes in Soundbytes plug-ins v1.1
- All Plugins
- New Value display allows to read and modify the exact parameter value for all knob and fader controls.
- New fine tune VST parameters allow exact retuning of all voices through VST automatisation. This works fine as well when only standard low resolution midi controlers are available.
- Midi note range borders can conveniently be inserted from a midi keyboard.
- Numerous bug fixes increase the overall stability and usability of the plugins.
- BagPipes, HurdyGurdy and HurdyGurdyLE
- The newly integrated midi monitor displays all incoming midi messages.
- Midi controler setup parameters are now stored independently from the patch data. Up to six midi configurations can be recalled.
- Stepper buttons change color when a note outside the recorded range is selected in the tuning and chanter range sections.
- Keyboard direction can be turned over in the HurdyGurdy instrument. This is very useful for those who play the traditional hurdy gurdy instrument where the keys play in reverse direction. The feature allows to play and practise traditional hurdy gurdy riffs and fingerings on a standard midi keyboard. (not available for BagPipes).
- Sympathizer and StringVerb
- Resonator engine has been thoroughly redesigned.
- Location of tuning table files is remembered to enable effortless loading and saving of pitch list descriptions.
- New fader grouping option copy has been added. (Sympathizer only).
Soundbytes instrument and effect plug-ins are available for Windows PC (VST). The updates are free for all registered users.
More information: Soundbytes