Soundcells has announced version 2 of Digital Genome, adding 25 new combinator patches, some minor additions/changes in detail as well as new backdrops to the Reason ReFill.
In modern molecular biology, the genome is the entirety of an organism´s hereditary information. It is encoded either in DNA or in case of this fine ReFill it´s the AMIGA1200 encoded in Reason´s NNXT samples.
The AMIGA1200 (code-named ‘Channel Z‘) with it´s 8-bit Paula chip was extremely popular among producers all over the world in the early nineties. “Digital Genome” picks up the thread where Soundcells left with “bitBUMPER deluxe” with it´s funky, housy and spacy lo-fi character! Warm, gritty, sleezy, dangerous and nostalgic are the keywords.
This ReFill can be used as a full workstation since everything the old Amiga had to offer is in there: basses, keys, lead synths, warm pads and enough drums and percussion to eat your heart out. And do not forget the wonderful FX section. The 170+ Genome combinators are conveniently built up with the right button functionality.
Digital Genome v2 features
- 178 combinator patches, great for many different styles of music.
- 6 different folders: Bass, FX, Keys, Leads, Miscellaneous, Pads.
- 189 NNXT patches containing the basic sounds which were used for the combinators.
- 230 original AMIGA1200 samples, 178 MB uncompressed.
- 21 fresh and great useable rex loops.
Digital Genome v2 is available to purchase for the introductory price of €23.90 EUR until July 31 (regular €29.90 EUR).