Soundcells releases Simple Sampling ReFill
Soundcells has announced the release of Simple Sampling, a ReFill for Reason 4 and higher.
At first Soundcells started working on a fun ReFill based on a Stylophone only, which was recorded for sampling purposes. Besides programming a patch that matches the real thing, the NNXT sampler in Reason was tweaked to go some extra steps and some fat funky clavinet-style patches caught by surprise.
While producing the Stylofunk mini track (apart from the loop it’s entirely based on stylophone samples) some extra cool stuff was added to this ReFill: a “single-sample-rhodes”, a “single-sample-piano”, a “single-sample-kalimba” and a lot of other nifty stuff… “Simple Sampling” gradually turned into a product full of “simple samples” coming from different sound sources.
If you are looking for sampling like it was done in the old days instead of patches with hundreds of individual samples, you will love this ReFill. Super quick loading patches, very cpu-friendly and most of all full of character and very charming…
Simple Sampling features
- 101 combinator patches for many different styles of music, subdivided in 6 folders: Bass, Drum Machines, FX & Atmo, Keys, Leads, Pads.
- A note by note (a2 – e4) sampled and looped Stylophone including it´s typical release click.
- “Simple Samples” coming from the Rhodes Mark 1, Doepfer MS404, Supernova 2, microKORG, G2, VL1…
- The modules folder contains the basic NNXT patches which are used for the combinator sounds.
- 10 Rex loops, 5 Redrum kits.
Simple Sampling is available for the introductory price of 14.90 EUR through October 2010 (regular price 19.90 EUR).