Soundcells has released version 3 of Thor Source, a Moog Source ReFill for Propellerhead Reason.
“Thor Source V3” – when Thor first saw the light of day Soundcells couldn’t resist to test his strength by comparing him to a well known classic from Moog: the Source. Thor’s modular design gave them the chance to rebuild the Source’s details with great accuracy. Then Soundcells copied their favorite Source patches with great ease into Thor and after this they managed to take those sounds numerous steps further. The sounding results however stayed amazingly close to the Source’s character. In this ReFill’s documentary folder you’ll find proof of this.
Thor makes the Source polyphonic and velocity sensitive as well. By now you’ll understand that this ReFill goes way beyond only emulating the past. Thor Source offers deep and fat basses, retro and nu style leads, wonderfull keyboard sounds, mouth watering pads, analog drums and more. Version 2 added four sampled raw oscillator settings from the original Moog Source, new combinator patches and new backdrops – with version 3 this ReFill comes with even more samples from the Source…
And let´s not forget to mention the 25 new version 3 combinator patches based on those new samples.Those will be there to give your music an extra greasy analog retro-Moog-bite.
Tweak the rebuild Source sounds in whatever direction using Thor´s tools or just “build” your own Moog Source while using the raw oscillator samples and/or the sampled Source sounds embedded within our NNXT patches. Please always take your time to try every button and knob as well as the Modwheel to get a good taste of all flavours these 214 fine combinator patches will present you with!
Thor Source version 3 features
- The 25 original documentary patches as described above plus 25 contemporary velocity versions of these patches.
- 25 legato versions of the documentary patches, and also 25 legato versions of the contemporary velocity patches.
- 69 “processed” combinator patches making full use of Reason’s devices like the RV7000, the Scream and other gear. This folder is subdivided into 4 sections: bass, keys & leads, misc and pads.
- 45 combinator patches based on the sampled raw oscillator settings and the fully sampled Source sounds which were added to version 2 and version 3.
- 35 new and grooving rex loops.
Thor Source V3 is available to purchase for the introductory price of 19.90 EUR until the end of November (regular price 29.90 EUR).