Note: this post is from 2005, outbound links may be broken.
SoundFonts.it releases ORGANized trio v3.1
ORGANized trio is a free VSTi (donationware). It simulates the sound of an electro-mechanical tonewheel organ of the 50′s, best known as the Hammond™ B3 Organ, invented by Laurens Hammond in late 1935.
ORGANized trio has 9 drawbars for upper and lower manual, 5 for the bass pedalboard. Vibrato/Chorus circuit for upper and lower. Percussion on second and third harmonic for the upper manual. Tube-amp simulator, key-click effect and rotary speaker simulator. It is totally midi controllable, supports patch saving and VST host automation. ORGANized trio doesn’t use any sampled data.
New in v3.1
- MIDI CC# 29 was erroneously assigned to both drawbar lower 1′ and V/C switch (now CC# 73)
- Exceeding saturation problem solved
- Adjustable leakage (off, low, mid, high)
- Colour and Contour knobs are now active even with the Overdrive OFF
- Increased the overdrive knob range
- Improved Leslie effect, with new filters for bass and treble rotors and wider doppler effect
- Added option Mute 1′ which automatically mutes drawbar upper 1′ if percussion is ON
- Improved Vibrato/Chorus circuit
- Adjustable tonewheels attenuation (Off, Low, Med, High)
- All global parameters are now stored in the host’s project (supporting host’s automation)
- Setting a CC# other than 64 for the Rotary Speaker switch, the sustain pedal will work traditionally
Check SoundFonts.it for more information and a link to download ORGANized.