Soundiron releases The Struck Grand for Kontakt
Soundiron has announced the release of The Struck Grand, an extraordinary instrument collection that delves deep into the fine art of piano abuse.
This 9 GB collection explores all of the ways a 1926 Steinway Model L parlor grand piano can be “played” from the far side of the hammer. You’ll find well over 4000 samples of pick plucks, steel hammers, finger mutes, harmonics, slides, mallets, glisses, scrapes and otherworldly sustaining effects over the full note range. This collection shines as equal part stringed/tuned percussion and super-harp/mega-zither with a huge key range and rich, complex musical character. Click Here for full and naked mp3 demos.
The Struck, Harmonic, Mallet and Gliss elements are perfect for dramatic and suspenseful scoring, while the Steel Hammer, Slide and Picked sections area ideal for expressive and nuanced classical and ethnic compositions. With rumbling bass and glistening highs, we’ve captured each articulation with close, dry micing right on the strings, for exquisite life-like detail, stunning presence and fidelity.
The Struck Grand features
- 4,058 Samples (standard pcm wav).
- 40 .nki files (open format) – 36 Kontakt 4 / 4 Kontakt 5.
- Tuned: Choked Piano, Hammered Piano, Picked Piano, Scraped Piano, Struck Piano, Steel Slide Piano, Steel Harmonic Piano, Master Layer Builder presets.
- Effects: Fingered Glisses, Picked Glisses, Mallet Struck Strings, Scrapes, Steel Harmonics, Steel Slides.
- Sustains: Full-range tuned ambiences, Ambient Soundscapes.
- 9 GB installed, 24 bit / 48kHz stereo PCM wav format.
The Struck Grand for Kontakt (full version 4.2.4 or later) is available for the introductory price of $99 USD until August 1st, 2012 (regular $119 USD).