Igor Vasiliev of iMusicAlbum has released version 1.7 of SoundScaper, the experimental sound mini lab for creating unusual soundscapes, atmospheric textures, drones, glitches and noises based on circuit bending principles.
This update significantly expands functionality of oscillators which are the basis of sound generation in SoundScaper. With new oscillators a user can experiment mangling the samples by using amplitude and frequency modulations, adding a natural dynamical noise and simulate any other failures by using degradation and unstable work of electronic circuits.
All of it with addition of ready to use presets is intended to open new space for constructing unique soundscapes and textures.
Changes in SoundScaper v1.7
- Ready-to-use oscillator presets.
- New user interface of oscillator control panel.
- Improved internal sound engine.
- Amplitude modulation of output signal.
- Sine and triangle waveforms of amplitude modulation.
- Change PWM carrier frequency for more lofi effect.
- Simulate degradation of PWM circuits / decrease bit depth.
- Control of unstability of oscillator clock.
- Three types of generated noise like the real circuits.
- Additional control for level of noise.
- Two range individual LFO for modulation of clock frequency.
- Frequency modulation by output signal from other oscillators.
- Added the mode when trigger waits end of sample playback.
- Trigger can shift bits on address lines.
- Reverse shift mode of bits on address lines.
- Improved presets / samples list in the oscillator panel.
- Button for preview sample in the list.
- Added samples in built-in library.
- Updated description of the application.
- Description available as PDF on application site.
- Several minor bugs have been fixed.
SoundScaper is available for purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: Soundscaper