Voxengo has released version 1.3 of SPAN Plus, an extended real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plugin for Windows and Mac.
SPAN Plus is an extended version of the freeware SPAN plug-in: SPAN Plus provides several additional features such as PNG file export, real-time spectrum import/export and static spectrums display.
SPAN Plus provides you with a very flexible “mode” system which you can use to setup your spectrum analyzer preferences. You may specify Fourier block size in samples, FFT window overlap percentage, spectrum’s visual slope. Beside that you can choose to display secondary spectrum of a desired type (e.g. real-time maximum, all-time maximum). Spectrum can be smoothed out visually for an easier examination.
Changes in SPAN Plus v1.3
- Added ProTools 12+ AAX64 support.
- Implemented color scheme editor with load and save functions.
- Added “Brown”, “White” and “Cyan” color schemes.
- Redesigned the infrastructure controls.
- Made internal channel names start at “C” to reduce confusion with the A/B comparison buttons.
- Reduced plugin file size considerably for faster loading.
- Reduced the overall memory consumption.
- Made the user interface scale switchable without host reload.
- Added 90%, 110% and 150% visual scales.
- Fixed “Bypass” switch in VST3 in Cubase.
- Added “RT Sigma” analyzer type.
SPAN Plus for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for $39.95 USD.