Speaker Blower Records has released SB-3 LE, a stereo phat vintage synthesizer plug-in for Windows PC.
The SB-3 LE is an exclusive free version created for Speaker Blower Records. Born as a monophonic synth (optimized for this mode), it is now polyphonic in this v. 1.1. VSTi for PC only – NO MAC VERSION!
SB-3 LE features
- Stereo Detunable synthesizer with mono (optimized – low cpu usage) or polyphonic modes.
- Full Stereo Architecture.
- 3 oscillators [doubled when Stereo Detune is on: osc. 1 is stereo and has a mono sub-oscillator; Osc. 2 is stereo and Osc. 3 is double mono].
- Ring Modulation [osc. 1 vs osc. 2].
- Two multimode filters [serial/parallel configuration].
- Two Lfos [with a total of 7 possible destinations].
- Two envelopes [optionally, they can modulate the lfos amount value for complex modulations].
- Effects: Distortion (2 types), Tape Delay [sync rates only] and Chorus.
- Ultra Analogue or Phat option [analogue modelling circuitry].
- 17 presets (12 are exclusive, 4 are shared with full version and default).
- Clear, easy to use, intuitive, old-skool style GUI.
- Rusty Vintage Sci-Fi Design.
Note — this free version has a few limitations:
- Polyphony: Mono + 4 voices (not 16)
- Stereo detune value is fixed: 35% (St. detune can be turned off) – missing knob
- Chorus depth value is fixed: 80% – missing knob
- Filter Drive value is fixed: 28% – missing knob
- Filter 1 mode is fixed: LP only (no HP mode) – missing selector
- Lfo 2 – free run mode only (not syncable) – missing selector
Visit Speaker Blower Records for more information and audio demos.