Spectrasonics has announce the version 1.5 update for Omnisphere, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Version 1.5 includes a wealth of new features and additions to the synthesis engine and user interface, the most prominent being the inclusion of a fantastic new interactive interface called “The Orb” which delivers real-time synthesis manipulation capabilities.
The update also includes many features that have been requested by users since Omnisphere’s release back in 2009 including the new 5-Column Browser view and support for polyphonic aftertouch. The new version also integrates a significant update to the factory patch library, taking advantage of all the new sound design capabilities and bringing the total number of included sounds to a whopping 8,000!
Changes in Omnisphere v1.5
- Innovative “Orb” ‘circular sound manipulation’ interface with Motion Recording and “Dice” button for infinite variations and one-touch sound customization.
- Expanded Synthesis capabilities:
- Harmonia: New zoom page shows all Harmonia parameters per layer adding up to 10 oscillators per patch with new independent modulation options for Levels and Fine Tuning on each Harmonia oscillator.
- Waveshaper: New zoom page with extreme new processing modules including polyphonic ‘Crusher’ and ‘Reducer’ sections with ‘Force’ and ‘Animation’ controls that can all be modulated.
- Granular Synthesis: New ‘Speed’ and ‘Position’ modes. New zoom page with new ‘Granular Visualizer’ showing a graphic model of the effect of parameter edits which makes Granular synthesis easier to use.
- Patch Library Update: Over 700 brand new patches created by renowned Spectrasonics sound development team gives Omnisphere over 5,000 patches and 8,000 total sounds.
- New 5-Column Browser view displays more sound categories and attributes simultaneously.
- New Online Video Tutorials for Version 1.5 capabilities.
- Support for new ‘Omni TR’ iPad app.
- New “Recently Added” Browser sorting option.
- Added support for MIDI devices which send polyphonic aftertouch.
- New ‘Clone Part’ feature allows easier editing/setup with multichannel MIDI controllers.
- New MIDI Learn hardware control mode follows Live Mode selection.
- Modulation Envelope points can be key-command snapped to semitone when modulating pitch.
- User-assignable Legato Interval rule added.
Omnisphere 1.5 is set to be released on February 15th, 2011 and will be available to download free for all registered users.
More information: Spectrasonics