Spectrasonics has released version 1.5 of Omnisphere, a major update to its flagship synthesizer virtual instrument.
We are proud to announce a major new version of our award-winning Power Synth Omnisphere® – which includes a host of new features, in particular a new interactive interface called “The Orb” offering stunning real-time synthesis manipulation capabilities, along with many deeply expanded additions to the synthesis engine and user interface.
The update also includes many important user-requested features such as the new 5-Column Browser view and support for polyphonic aftertouch. The new version also includes a significant update to the factory patch library – 780 brand new patches which take advantage of all the new sound design capabilities and brings the total number of included sounds to over 8,000.
Omnisphere v1.5 highlights
- Innovative “Orb” ‘circular sound manipulation’ interface with Motion Recording and “Dice” button for infinite variations and one-touch sound customization.
- Expanded Synthesis capabilities:
- Harmonia: New zoom page shows all Harmonia parameters per layer adding up to 10 oscillators per patch with new independent modulation options for Levels and Fine Tuning on each Harmonia oscillator.
- Waveshaper: New zoom page with extreme new processing modules including polyphonic ‘Crusher’ and ‘Reducer’ sections with ‘Force’ and ‘Animation’ controls that can all be modulated.
- Granular Synthesis: New ‘Speed’ and ‘Position’ modes. New zoom page with new ‘Granular Visualizer’ showing a graphic model of the effect of parameter edits which makes Granular synthesis easier to use.
- Patch Library Update: 780 brand new patches created by renowned Spectrasonics sound development team gives Omnisphere over 5,000 patches and 8,000 total included sounds!
- New 5-Column Browser view displays more sound categories and attributes simultaneously.
- Support for new ‘Omni TR’ iPad app.
- New “Most Recent” Browser sorting option.
- Added support for MIDI devices which send polyphonic aftertouch.
- New ‘Clone Part’ feature allows easier editing/setup with multichannel MIDI controllers.
- New MIDI Learn hardware control mode follows Live Mode selection.
- Modulation Envelope points can be key-command snapped to semitone when modulating pitch.
- User-assignable Legato Interval rule added.
Omnisphere 1.5 is available now from the Updates area as a free update for all registered users.
Spectrasonics has also announced that its Omni TR (“touch remote”) iPad app is now available to download from the iTunes App Store.
Omni TR introduces our new ‘Touch Remote’ concept, which combines the tactile advantages of the iPad with our powerful computer-based virtual instruments. The end result is an inspiring hands-on interactive performance experience that opens up many new possibilities to users of Spectrasonics instruments.
With Omni TR, you can create Omnisphere setups and sound modifications on the fly, activate sounds, tweak filters, remix, bend and spin amazing performance variations!
More information: Spectrasonics